In Texas, you are required to be responsible for an accident, if you are at fault. Not all of the coverage you may get is mandatory. Some items are optional. Depending on your situation and needs, you may decide to have full or partial coverage. No matter what policy you choose, you will need insurance to protect you while you are on the road.
Types of Coverage for Your Automobile
- Liability – If you have an accident and you are at fault, liability insurance can protect you. You can have property damage and bodily injury liability, which covers you if you cause damage to another vehicle or hurt someone else.
- Personal Injury Protection – Medical costs and funeral expenses may be covered if you cause injury to another person in an accident.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist – There are two types: property damage and bodily injury.
- Collision – You could be covered if you receive damage to your vehicle during an accident.
- Comprehensive – If you have damage to your vehicle that was not in an accident, for example, if your car were damage due to vandalism or an act of nature.
- Roadside Assistance – You could get help if your car breaks down and you need to be towed.
- Car Rental – You can get a rental if your car is being repaired due to an accident.
- Death and Dismemberment – You could be covered if someone in your policy dies, is dismembered, or loses their sight.
- GAP – GAP gives you the difference between the amount you owe the lender and the fair market value of your vehicle, if your car is totally lost because of an accident.
Get more information from the Plano, Texas agents at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency. They are available to help you with new or existing insurance policies.