Running a business can be risky, and it’s essential to have appropriate insurance coverage to protect yourself, your employees, and your property. Different companies will need different types of insurance policies, but there are some common policies Paragon Independent Insurance Agency recommends for businesses in Plano, TX.
- General Liability Insurance: This type of insurance is designed to protect your business from expenses related to third-party claims. It covers issues like property damage, bodily injury, and advertising injury and is often mandatory for businesses that rent or lease their premises. General liability insurance also covers legal costs if a third party files a lawsuit against your business and helps cover the medical bills of someone who gets injured on your premises.
- Property Insurance: Property insurance protects your business from fires, vandalism, theft, or natural disasters that can damage your property. This policy covers your business buildings, inventory, equipment, furniture, and other physical assets against damage or loss caused by covered events.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: If you have employees, you should have workers’ compensation insurance. This policy provides wage replacement and medical benefits to injured or sick employees while performing their job duties.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: If your business operates any vehicles, including company cars, delivery trucks, or construction equipment, you should have commercial auto insurance to cover them.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Professionals who provide expert advice or services to clients, such as doctors, lawyers, accountants, architects, and consultants, should consider professional liability insurance.
Running a business can be challenging, and having the right insurance policies is key to protecting your Plano, TX business from potentially debilitating financial losses. Contact Paragon Independent Insurance Agency today. We can help you get the insurance you need to prepare for the unexpected in the future.