Home insurance is more than just protecting the structure of the house. It is also about protecting what is inside. This includes appliances and technology. These are some of the more expensive items within the home and, in the event of a fire, you can’t easily pick up and run outside with. At Paragon Independent Insurance Agency, we want to make sure your Plano, TX home is properly insured, including your valuables and appliances.
Washer and Dryer
Beyond just potential loss in a fire, washers and dryers often experience the most trouble in terms of needing repairs. From the moving parts to the electrical, gas and water connections, few appliances are susceptible to the kinds of problems as these two devices.
New Water Heater
A water heater isn’t always extremely expensive. Your brand new television likely costs more than a traditional tank water heater. However, if you invested in a tankless water heater you not only invested into your home but you decided to go green with the purchase. A tankless water heater will save you money over time, but the upfront sticker price is high. In the event of a major electrical surge or a home fire, this is an expensive item to replace, so consider insuring it.
While not a traditional appliance, your home entertainment system may be worth thousands of dollars (if not more). These are also top targets during a break in. Due to this, consider insuring the entertainment system in your home.
Each individual is different and every home is different. At Paragon Independent Insurance Agency we know this, that is why we prefer to sit down with every home owner in order to discuss the right kind of insurance for their individual needs. Whether you live in Plano, TX or the surrounding area, you need to consider insuring these different appliances, in addition to other appliances you have invested your time and money in.
Auto insurance is something that many people think they know all about when in reality, many of the truths they think they believe are actually myths. Instead of continuing to believe these auto insurance myths in Plano, TX, it is time to learn about the truth associated with auto insurance. To help you distinguish between fact and fiction, Paragon Independent Insurance Agency has compiled this lists of myths and the truths behind them.
- Red cars cost more to insure. This is a myth that has stopped people from purchasing red cars in the past. However, the color of the car has nothing to do with the cost of auto insurance. Insurance companies take a look at the vehicle make, model, body style, and age as well as the age, driving history, and credit history of the driver. The car color is not take into account.
- Older people pay more for insurance. The opposite is actually true. Older drivers tend be seen as drivers with more maturity and younger drivers end up paying more for insurance. In fact, many companies offer discounts for drivers over the age of 55.
- You don’t necessarily need auto insurance. Some people think they can get away from purchasing it if they stay out of accidents and avoid police. However, there is no way to really prevent these things from happening and it is always best to have a good auto insurance policy to protect you.
Whether or not you currently have an auto insurance policy, you should reach out to Paragon Independent Insurance Agency, serving Plano, TX. They can take a look at your current policy to make sure there are no gaps in coverage. They can also get you a free quote to find the perfect auto insurance policy to meet your needs as well as fit into your budget.
Have you ever wondered who may be covered under your insurance policy for your home in Plano, TX? We asked our Paragon Independent Insurance Agency experts about it, and here’s what we found out. We’ll share with you the following basics:
- Family members who reside in your home are likely covered by your home insurance. The most obvious examples are your spouse and children. Other family members, such as in-laws and grandparents, also qualify if they live with you, too. And if your children are away at college, they may be able to benefit from the property and personal liability terms of your policy.
- Tenants who are paying rent or lease in your home won’t be covered, though. If you’re renting a room or part of your home to a tenant, your homeowner’s policy still covers the whole building structure. But if your tenant wants peace of mind about their liability or belongings, they will need to purchase their own renter’s insurance policy. This type of policy will be theirs alone and separate from your home insurance policy.
- It never hurts to ask your insurance agent if you’re not sure. If you are unsure about a certain situation being covered by your home insurance, read through your policy carefully. If anything in the terms doesn’t seem clear to you, your insurance agent will help you clarify any legal specifications to answer your questions.
If you have further questions regarding your homeowner’s insurance in Plano, TX, contact us today at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency. One click at our ‘Customer Service’ tab is all you need to get in the right direction. We can help you navigate the complex terms of your policy and help you understand how it works to your advantage.