Your home is one of the most important things you will ever own, and, with that, one of the most expensive assets you have to protect. For that reason, you should regularly review your current home insurance to make sure you are still happy with the policies and coverage.
If you want to review home insurance right away or you are a first-time homeowner, Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX is here to help.
What home insurance can cover
Home insurance policies can vary, but we list some options below that you should want to consider in terms of home insurance:
A type of liability insurance
Liability insurance is important, even if you are a renter. Liability insurance covers you in the case that you or someone in your household harms someone who steps inside your home, even in the case of an accident or if your pet is the one who harms someone. This also counts if they damage a valuable item they bring into your home, depending on the situation.
If you live in an area at risk of fires, storms, or flooding (or even worse, all three), make sure you check that your home insurance covers any damage done to your property. This damage can cause significant financial hardship and should be included in your policy where required.
If you want to take a look at your home insurance options as soon as possible, give our agents at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano TX a call. You can also ask for a quote via our website and we can contact you after to discuss these quotes further.
Your auto insurance has many terms that you may have heard before but are uncertain what they mean. It is important to be able to know what is in your insurance policy to get the most from it.
The agents at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency of the Plano, TX area are ready to help you make sense of your auto insurance coverage.
Key Auto Insurance Terms
Here are some key auto insurance terms often used.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – When you are legally at fault for injuring other drivers and pedestrians, this part of an auto insurance policy covers you. Medical expenses and legal costs if you are sued are part of this type of insurance.
- Actual Cash Value – When an item is damaged or stolen, the amount paid in a claim is the actual cash value at the time of the incident.
- Collision Coverage – This type of insurance pays for damages to your vehicle caused by impacting a stationary object or another vehicle.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Fire, hail damage, windstorms and other damages fall under comprehensive coverage.
- Deductible – This is the amount you as an insured party must pay out of pocket before an insurance company will pay on a claim.
- Extended Coverage – Certain risks not covered under a basic policy can be included with an added endorsement.
- Fair Market Value – A reasonable agreed to value of a vehicle or item between buyers and sellers based on current market prices.
Professional Auto Insurance in Texas
Contact us at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency of Plano, TX to find out how we can help you get quality auto insurance at affordable pricing. One of our agents is ready to speak with you today.