Your auto insurance has many terms that you may have heard before but are uncertain what they mean. It is important to be able to know what is in your insurance policy to get the most from it.
The agents at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency of the Plano, TX area are ready to help you make sense of your auto insurance coverage.
Key Auto Insurance Terms
Here are some key auto insurance terms often used.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – When you are legally at fault for injuring other drivers and pedestrians, this part of an auto insurance policy covers you. Medical expenses and legal costs if you are sued are part of this type of insurance.
- Actual Cash Value – When an item is damaged or stolen, the amount paid in a claim is the actual cash value at the time of the incident.
- Collision Coverage – This type of insurance pays for damages to your vehicle caused by impacting a stationary object or another vehicle.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Fire, hail damage, windstorms and other damages fall under comprehensive coverage.
- Deductible – This is the amount you as an insured party must pay out of pocket before an insurance company will pay on a claim.
- Extended Coverage – Certain risks not covered under a basic policy can be included with an added endorsement.
- Fair Market Value – A reasonable agreed to value of a vehicle or item between buyers and sellers based on current market prices.
Professional Auto Insurance in Texas
Contact us at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency of Plano, TX to find out how we can help you get quality auto insurance at affordable pricing. One of our agents is ready to speak with you today.