Do you want to learn more about how to get commercial business insurance in Texas?
Smart business owners in Texas know that having commercial insurance in the Wild West isn’t a luxury for business owners; it is a necessity.
Commercial business insurance helps business owners protect their long-term investments from financial losses that can arise from unexpected events.
Knowledgeable insurance agents can explain the benefits of commercial insurance as part of a comprehensive business strategy to mitigate risk.
Natural Disasters, Heat Waves, and Storms
The recent influx of severe storms and extreme weather reminds Texas business owners that natural disasters, hurricanes, and heat waves can cause property damage, supply chain disruptions, and business shutdowns.
Business owners get commercial insurance to shield businesses from potentially devastating effects caused by severe weather and storms, but the protection doesn’t end there.
Get Business Liability Coverage
Commercial insurance can provide liability coverage for accident-related claims filed against a business. It can also help business owners recover from property damage, theft, or vandalism on their premises.
In today’s digital age, business owners need to protect their digital assets from prying eyes and bad actors who implement cyberattacks and technology breaches that interrupt the normal flow of business.
Don’t Leave your Texas Business Exposed to Risks in the Wild West!
Talk to a licensed insurance agent at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX, to learn about your coverage options.
We specialize in offering tailored insurance solutions for Texas-area businesses. Our agents can help small business owners, startups, and corporations choose the best commercial insurance for their needs.
Contact an agent to get a free commercial business insurance quote today!
Single-vehicle accidents account for 35% of traffic incidents nationwide. That number makes it vital that you understand what to do if you are involved in a single-vehicle accident and how insurance coverage works. Our Paragon Independent Insurance Agency team, serving Plano, TX, is here to answer your insurance questions and ensure you have the coverage you need.
Understanding Fault In Single-Vehicle Accidents
Texas is an at-fault state, meaning we determine who is at fault for each accident and who is responsible for any liability resulting from the accident. The need to determine liability applies in single-vehicle accidents because the driver is not automatically at fault for a single-vehicle accident. Factors other than the driver that can contribute to a single-vehicle accident include:
- Inclement Weather
- Road conditions or unkempt roads
- Hidden road signage
- Obstacles or animals on the road
- Mechanical malfunction
- Other drivers’ negligence
Because those contributory factors can influence the determination of fault, you should obtain a police report and safely document the scene whenever you are involved in an accident. If other factors are relevant, others may be found liable or partially liable for the accident and may be required to compensate the accident victims.
Even in a single-vehicle accident, correctly reporting and recording information about an accident can help determine fault, allowing you to avoid or reduce liability. Besides offering peace of mind, this can save you and your insurance company money in the long term.
Working With Paragon Independent Insurance Agency
Your friendly team at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency, serving Plano, TX, is ready to address all your insurance needs, including automobile insurance. So, give us a call or stop in today to ensure you are appropriately covered while driving Texas roads.
Regarding safeguarding your property in Plano, TX, having a comprehensive home insurance policy isn’t a luxury; it’s a necessity. At Paragon Independent Insurance Agency, we understand home insurance and can help you navigate your way to the right policy.
Firstly, consider the coverage type. Basic plans might protect against a handful of perils like fire or theft, but a comprehensive policy can cover everything from vandalism to natural disasters. Assess your risk level and choose accordingly.
You’ll have to decide how much coverage you need. Consider the replacement value of your possessions; keep in mind that it should cover all your belongings, from furniture, electronics, and appliances to clothes and jewelry. It’s also essential to maintain accurate records such as receipts or photos so you can make a claim if anything is damaged or stolen.
Secondly, consider the actual cash value vs replacement cost. Actual cash value coverage will reimburse the cost of the property minus depreciation. On the other hand, replacement cost coverage will pay the actual cost of replacing your possessions without factoring in depreciation.
Thirdly, liability protection is a crucial component of any home insurance policy. This covers you if someone is injured on your property or if you’re legally responsible for damage to someone else’s property.
Lastly, don’t forget about additional living expenses (ALE) coverage. If your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered incident, ALE coverage will take care of the costs associated with a temporary relocation.
Choosing the right home insurance policy is about finding the perfect balance between your coverage needs and budget constraints. If you’re in Plano, TX, and need home insurance, don’t hesitate to contact us at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency. We’re here to help.
As senior citizens remain active on the roads in and around Plano, TX, their unique driving needs and considerations warrant tailored auto insurance coverage. Mature drivers often have decades of driving experience, and while age can bring wisdom and caution, it may also be accompanied by specific challenges.
Understanding the Needs of Older Drivers
Specific physical and cognitive changes can impact drivers’ driving abilities as they age. These changes may include diminished vision, hearing loss, slower reflexes, and cognitive decline. However, not all seniors experience the same changes, and many remain capable and safe drivers well into their golden years.
Given the diverse range of abilities among older drivers, auto insurance providers offer considerations and discounts to cater to seniors’ specific needs and reward their safe driving habits.
Available Discounts and Considerations
- Mature Driver Discounts: Many insurance companies offer mature driver discounts to seniors who complete approved defensive driving courses. These courses may qualify seniors for reduced insurance premiums.
- Low Mileage Discounts: If seniors drive fewer miles per year, they may be eligible for low mileage discounts. Retirees who no longer commute to work can benefit from such deals.
- Pay-As-You-Drive (PAYD) or Usage-Based Insurance: PAYD programs monitor driving behavior through telematics devices, rewarding, secure driving habits with discounts.
- Customizable Coverage Options: Seniors can benefit from customizable coverage options that meet their needs. These may include additional medical coverage or coverage for mobility equipment, such as wheelchairs or scooters.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments coverage can be essential for seniors, covering medical expenses for themselves and their passengers in the event of an accident, regardless of fault.
Paragon Independent Insurance Agency Can Help You
Here at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency, we can answer all your questions concerning auto insurance. We assist the Plano, TX region. Contact us today.
Are you a business owner operating your business in the Lone Star State? You need to carry proper commercial insurance that will protect your business, you as a business owner, and your employees if you have any. Commercial insurance can be a complex topic. Therefore, you should work with an insurance expert to understand it. Here is some essential information about business insurance in Texas you should know.
What Should You Know About Commercial Insurance in Texas?
The crucial facts about business insurance in the Lone Star State include the following:
- Texas does not require workers’ compensation. An interesting fact is that Texas is one of the two states that does not require businesses to have workers’ compensation. However, there are certain exceptions to know. The following operations and industries need workers’ compensation: the public sector, construction contractors for public entities, natural gas and liquid propane dealers, and motor carriers.
- There are factors affecting the cost of your business insurance. The main factors are the industry type and the size of your company. Business experience, risk management, prior insurance history, and other factors also play a significant role.
- Insurance is regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance (DOI). The DOI regulates all types of insurance in the state, including business insurance as well. Therefore, you can always contact the DOI if you have any questions or issues with your insurance.
Paragon Independent Insurance Agency – Reliable and Trustworthy Agency in Texas
If you are shopping for commercial insurance in Texas and do not know where to start, Paragon Independent Insurance Agency serving clients in Plano, TX is here to help. Our qualified and knowledgeable insurance experts are here for you. We are ready to answer all your questions and help you find the policy you need. Whether you operate a business in Plano, TX, or any town in the Lone Star State, feel free to contact us.
The value of homeowner’s insurance can’t be denied whether you’ve owned a house for a year or three decades. There are millions of homes in Texas, and many residents consider adding a fence for several reasons. Whether they want more privacy or add value, it’s a good investment. Our experts at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency serve Plano, TX, by helping them understand more about their policy. One common question we get is whether or not insurance covers a fence.
Will Home Insurance Cover A Damaged Fence?
Home insurance typically covers your fence, but it must be from something considered a covered loss. For example, if you neglect routine maintenance or upkeep, that wouldn’t qualify for a replacement. Below would be examples of when your policy would cover your fence.
- Strong wind or hail from a thunderstorm damages your fence
- A neighbor’s tree falls on your fence, creating a gap in one of the sections and making it unusable.
- A car veers off the road and crashes into your fence, causing significant damage.
- These are all scenarios where your home insurance policy would likely cover the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged fence.
However, it’s important to note that each insurance policy is different, and coverage may vary depending on your policy’s specific terms and conditions. Our team of experts is always available to answer any questions you have. As a structure outside the home, it’s good to understand what is covered when something unexpected occurs.
Call Paragon Independent Insurance Agency To Get An Estimate
Do you need a quote for a home insurance policy in Plano, TX? We would love to make the process as easy as possible. Call for an estimate!
Running a business can be risky, and it’s essential to have appropriate insurance coverage to protect yourself, your employees, and your property. Different companies will need different types of insurance policies, but there are some common policies Paragon Independent Insurance Agency recommends for businesses in Plano, TX.
- General Liability Insurance: This type of insurance is designed to protect your business from expenses related to third-party claims. It covers issues like property damage, bodily injury, and advertising injury and is often mandatory for businesses that rent or lease their premises. General liability insurance also covers legal costs if a third party files a lawsuit against your business and helps cover the medical bills of someone who gets injured on your premises.
- Property Insurance: Property insurance protects your business from fires, vandalism, theft, or natural disasters that can damage your property. This policy covers your business buildings, inventory, equipment, furniture, and other physical assets against damage or loss caused by covered events.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: If you have employees, you should have workers’ compensation insurance. This policy provides wage replacement and medical benefits to injured or sick employees while performing their job duties.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: If your business operates any vehicles, including company cars, delivery trucks, or construction equipment, you should have commercial auto insurance to cover them.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Professionals who provide expert advice or services to clients, such as doctors, lawyers, accountants, architects, and consultants, should consider professional liability insurance.
Running a business can be challenging, and having the right insurance policies is key to protecting your Plano, TX business from potentially debilitating financial losses. Contact Paragon Independent Insurance Agency today. We can help you get the insurance you need to prepare for the unexpected in the future.
Texas state laws require all drivers operating motor vehicles to have at least the state minimum required insurance on their cars when traveling the roadways. Add-on coverage options can enhance your coverage and provide additional benefits.
A licensed insurance agent at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX can help you choose the best add-ons for your Texas auto insurance policy.
Beyond Basic Coverage Insurance Add-on Options for Texas Drivers
People who choose collision coverage as an add-on to their Texas liability insurance policies extend their benefits to cover vehicle repair or replacement for cars in an accident.
Often called "full coverage," comprehensive insurance adds another layer of financial protection from non-collision-related incidents like theft or vandalism.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
This add-on helps mitigate and reduce the devastating effects of financial damage for drivers in an accident with non-insured motorists on Texas roads.
Rental Car Coverage
Many insurance policies offer rental car coverage as a premium add-on for drivers who need to rent a car while their vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
Emergency Roadside Assistance
Nothing is worse than you and your loved ones being stuck on the side of the road with no help in sight. Roadside assistance coverage offers Texas drivers a security blanket in the form of emergency roadside assistance and towing.
How to Add Additional Coverage to Your Texas Auto Insurance Policy
Most coverage options can be added to your policy at any time. Talk to a licensed insurance agent at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX, to learn how to add these extended coverages to a new or existing Texas auto insurance policy.
An experienced agent can answer your questions about insurance add-ons and give a free quote!
Everyone who owns a home should protect it with home insurance. Having a home insurance policy is required by your lender. And if you have an HOA, it will be required by them, too. It’s essential always to have your home insurance in place to protect yourself. There are many risks that you face as a homeowner. It’s crucial to guard against them with home coverage. When you need a policy for your home, call us at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX.
The house itself is protected by home insurance. This pays for the damages done to the home by a covered incident like a calamity or disaster. When the home is damaged by one of these incidents, the repairs can be costly. That’s why it’s so important to have home insurance. It will pay for the repairs to your home. And if your home is destroyed, it can pay for it to be rebuilt. This gives you an enormous amount of protection against significant incidents that can damage a home.
Another type of protection that you get from these policies is protection for everything in your home. All of your possessions inside your home are covered against many different risks. When things get damaged by a covered event, the policy will pay to replace those items. All of your possessions add up to an enormous amount of value. If you had to replace everything on your own, it would not be easy to afford. Home insurance also protects you against your liability at home. If someone got injured in your home, the policy would pay for the medical bills that you owe.
Get Home Insurance
If you own a home, you need to have home insurance. Call us at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX.
If you are a driver in Texas, your vehicle has to be covered by auto insurance. Different types of coverage are required to be in your auto policy. Each of them protects you in a specific way against specific risks. If you don’t have auto insurance for your vehicle, you could face hefty fees and fines and may get other punishments as well. It’s important to get auto insurance and keep it the entire time you own your vehicle. Call us at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX to get your auto insurance.
Bodily Injury Liability
This type of coverage is required to be in your policy. This protects you financially if you cause an accident that results in someone else being injured. There are two amounts of this coverage that have to be in the policy. These amounts are the minimums that must be in them, but you can add to the amount you get in your policy to be better protected. There is one amount required for a single person injured in the accident and another amount for everyone injured in it. These amounts pay for the medical bills and other expenses caused by the accident. Some lenders require you to have more than the mandated minimum amount of coverage.
Property Damage Liability
There is one amount required for this coverage as well. This type of coverage pays for the damages caused by your vehicle to someone else’s property. This may include the other vehicle and things like landscaping and damaged buildings. This type of coverage is highly important to protect you financially.
Get Auto Insurance
If you don’t have your auto policy yet, call us today at Paragon Independent Insurance Agency in Plano, TX.