Winter is finally at an end, and the warm air of spring is in the air. Spring is here in the Plano, TX area, and it’s time to do those spring maintenance chores. Here are 5 tips to help get you going on your home’s maintenance.
- Examine your roof shingles for any damage over the winter. Look for shingles that are cracked, loose, buckled, or missing granules because they will need to be replaced. Check the flashing around skylights, chimneys, and plumbing vents.
- Test the wood trim around the outside of windows, railings, doors, and decks with a screwdriver or other similar tool for damage or rotting and repair any areas before the spring rains lead to more damage.
- Clean the rain gutters of debris from the winter and check for leaks or damage that can prevent proper drainage. Make sure drain spouts are clean and direct water away from the home’s foundation.
- Check the chimney’s exterior for any signs of visible damage and have the flue cleaned. It’s best to it inspected by a certified chimney sweep to ensure proper working order and storage for the warm months ahead.
- Check the outside water faucets to make sure there was no freeze damage. By turning the water on and putting a thumb or finger over the opening to check the water flow. If you can stop the water flow, it’s likely that a pipe is damaged inside the home. Check your water hoses for dry rot before connecting them for use.
Paragon Independent Insurance Agency
Paragon Independent Insurance Agency has been providing insurance in the Plano, TX area for over 23 years. The Paragon Independent Insurance Agency agents care about your home and want to help make sure your home is adequately covered. Contact a Paragon Independent Insurance Agency agent today to get started.