Do I Need Extra Coverage for My Home in Texas?

All homeowners are required to have some type of policy to insure their belongings and property, but that doesn’t mean that you should get the bare bones coverage just to save a few dollars. Here are the basic kinds of policies so you know more about what you’re responsible for should you need to use it.

The Basics

HO-A is a standard policy in Texas that will only give you limited cash for your property. You may not be covered for a variety of natural disasters or damages. You can also consider HO-A Amended options, but these unfortunately are not standardized. You would need to call each insurance company to see exactly how much more protection you’re getting based on their rules and regulations. 

A Better Plan

An HO-B will provide better coverage, and typically accounts for the most common types of damages. For the most part, people consider this policy to be the most reasonably priced for what you get. Just like the HO-A, this is a standard policy from agency to agency. Or you can choose another standard policy with the HO-C which is the most expensive type but also covers the most events. 

Making the Decision

Only you can decide if you need more, but Paragon Independent Insurance Agency serves Lewisville, TX and is here to give you the facts if you want to learn about the other types of plans out there. Many homeowners will curse their coverage if something does happen to them since the out-of-pocket costs can be considerable. If you have an HO-A plan, it is highly recommended you strongly consider moving up at least one level. Give Paragon Independent Insurance Agency a call today to find out more about the additional cost and the benefits you’ll receive.